Guest 5 7th May, 2021
|Founded||September 11, 2001Costa Ricain|
|Founder||Isai Scheinberg and Mark Scheinberg|
|Headquarters||Isle of Man|
|Parent||The Stars Group (2014–present)|
PokerStars is an online poker cardroom owned by The Stars Group. It can be accessed through downloadable poker clients for the Windows, macOS, Android and iOS. It is the largest real money online poker site in the world, controlling over two-thirds of the total online poker market.
A PokerStars.com online satellite tournament produced the 2003 World Series of Poker (WSOP) champion, Chris Moneymaker. As the first person to become a world champion by qualifying at an online poker site, Moneymaker's 2003 win was an important factor in catalyzing the poker boom of the mid-2000s. The press has called this the "Moneymaker effect."
- "PokerStars Review & Marketing Code". pokerscout.com. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- Ambrose, Jillian (October 12, 2016). "Is William Hill's Poker-Stars deal the best game it can buy into?" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "What PokerStars' $4.9 Billion Sale Means for America". The Motley Fool. June 17, 2014. Retrieved January 4, 2020.
- "Amaya Gaming Revenue Up in 2016, PokerStars Revenue Mostly Flat". www.parttimepoker.com.
- "Hendon Mob tournament results: Chris Moneymaker". Pokerdb.thehendonmob.com. Retrieved April 21, 2010.
- "Chris Moneymaker - money800 - Poker Player - PokerListings.com". Pokerlistings. Archived from the original on August 22, 2011. Retrieved July 18, 2012.
- PokerNews.com: The Moneymaker Effect: Five Years Later May 23, 2008