Digital Marketing Strategy For Real Estate | Real Estate Digital Marketing Agency
Engineering Hub in Seattle
|21 areas in the United States|
|Ori Allon (Co-Founder and Executive Chairman)|
Robert Reffkin (Co-Founder and CEO)
Kristen Ankerbrandt (CFO)
Rob Lehman (CBO)
Joseph Sirosh (CTO)
Greg Hart (CPO)
|Revenue||$3.72 Billion(2020) |
Number of employees
|500 Employees 17,000 Agents|
Compass is an American licensed real estate broker that utilizes the Internet as a marketing medium with the use of real estate technology. Compass employs more than 10,000 agents who earn a percentage of the selling price and give 15 to 30 percent on each sale to Compass. Compass specializes in high-margin, luxury homes in upscale markets. Founded in 2012, the company is headquartered in New York City. The company provides software to real estate agents. Compass is the first company to have built a proprietary mobile app for real estate agents. In September 2018, the company had a valuation of US$4.4 billion.
Compass operates in 20 U.S. markets including New York, Philadelphia, Boston, Washington D.C., Dallas, South Florida, San Francisco, Chicago, Los Angeles, Aspen, The Hamptons, Santa Barbara and Newport Beach.
Compass has raised a total of US$1.5 billion from investors such as Founders Fund, Wellington Management and Institutional Venture Partners, Fidelity Investments, Dragoneer Investment Group, Canada Pension Plan Investment Board and Softbank Vision Fund. Compass was named Mid-Sized Business of the Year by the Manhattan Chamber of Commerce in 2015. Compass was named to Crain's Fast 50, Inc. 5000, and Glassdoor's Best Places to Work in 2018. Compass received a Webby Award for Best Real Estate Website, and was named to Fast Company's Best Workplaces for Innovators in 2019. Compass (company) won the 2020 Webby People’s Voice Award for Real Estate in the category Web.
Compass filed to go public in March 2021.
- Lunden, Ingrid (September 15, 2015). "Compass Raises $50M at An $800M Valuation Led By IVP To Supersize Its Real Estate Platform". TechCrunch.
- Compass. "Our regional offices, from coast to coast". Compass. Retrieved May 16, 2019.
- https://rismedia.com/2021/03/02/compass-files-ipo-sec/#:~:text=The New York-based brokerage's,in 2019 and 2020%2C respectively.
- techcrunch.com 2018/09/27
- Inc. magazine
- "Tech Startup or Real-Estate Broker? Fidelity Values Compass at $2 Billion". Bloomberg.com. November 8, 2017. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Delprete, Mike (May 1, 2019). "How has Compass grown so fast? A look at the numbers". Inman. Retrieved January 28, 2020.
- Brown, Eliot; Kusisto, Laura (February 17, 2017). "Real Estate Is Latest Target for Would-Be Disrupters" – via www.wsj.com.
- Bourque, Andre (September 28, 2016). "25 Inspiring Entrepreneurs Under 40 Who Are Creating the Next Big Thing". Entrepreneur.
- "Compass Is Said to Raise Funds at $4.4 Billion Valuation". Bloomberg. September 27, 2018. Retrieved May 15, 2019.
- Lunden, Ingrid. "Maelle Gavet is the new COO at real estate startup Compass". TechCrunch.
- "Luxury real estate startup Compass expands to Newport Beach, scores top agent Rob Giem". Orange County Register. February 5, 2017.
- Tabatabai, Arman. "Real estate platform Compass raises another US$370m on a 6.4b valuation en route to an IPO". TechCrunch. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Jr., Berkeley Lovelace (December 7, 2017). "Softbank invests $450 million in real estate tech company Compass". CNBC. Retrieved December 25, 2017.
- Cite error: The named reference
fastcompany.comwas invoked but never defined (see the help page).
- "Compass". Crain's New York Business. October 14, 2018. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- "Inc. 5000 2018: The Complete Rankings". inc.com. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- "Best Places to Work". Glassdoor. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Liao, Shannon. "Here are all the winners of the 2019 Webby Awards". The Verge. Retrieved July 9, 2020.
- Company, Fast (August 5, 2019). "The 50 best workplaces for innovators". Fast Company. Retrieved November 14, 2019.
- Kastrenakes, Jacob (May 20, 2020). "Here are all the winners of the 2020 Webby Awards". The Verge. Retrieved May 22, 2020.
- Levy, Ari (March 1, 2021). "Real estate brokerage Compass files for IPO amid pandemic boom in housing prices". CNBC. Retrieved March 2, 2021.