Confirmed deaths per million population
per date on map
|Source||Probably bats, possibly via pangolins|
|First outbreak||Mainland China|
|Index case||Wuhan, Hubei, China|
|Date||1 December 2019 – present|
(1 year, 3 months and 1 day)
This article provides a general overview and documents the status of locations affected by the severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2), the virus which causes coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and is responsible for the COVID-19 pandemic. The first human cases of COVID-19 were identified in Wuhan, the capital of the province of Hubei in China in December 2019. The most recent country or territory to report its first confirmed case was the Federated States of Micronesia on 8 January 2021.
- "Coronavirus very likely of animal origin, no sign of lab manipulation: WHO". Reuters. 2 April 2020. Retrieved 23 April 2020.
- Lau SK, Luk HK, Wong AC, Li KS, Zhu L, He Z, et al. (April 2020). "Possible Bat Origin of Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2". Emerging Infectious Diseases. U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). 26 (7): 1542–1547. doi:10.3201/eid2607.200092. ISSN 1080-6059. OCLC 1058036512. PMC 7323513. PMID 32315281. S2CID 216073459.
- "Novel Coronavirus—China". World Health Organization (WHO). Retrieved 9 April 2020.
- "COVID-19 Dashboard by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering (CSSE) at Johns Hopkins University (JHU)". ArcGIS. Johns Hopkins University. Retrieved 2 March 2021.
- "MV Chief Mailo Returns to FSM After More Than One Year Abroad; One Isolated But Confirmed Case of COVID-19 on Board, Citizens Encouraged To Keep Distance From the Vessel & Quarantine Sites Until Further Notice". gov.fm. 8 January 2021. Archived from the original on 10 January 2021. Retrieved 9 January 2021.